Nice video that describes working German Shepherd temperament, health, conformation, character, drives, nerves, and the type of jobs that they excel at.
AKC German Shepherd show lines are also briefly touched on in the video, but they are so different from the European working line German Shepherds they are almost an entirely different breed due to temperament and conformation.
There is a gorgeous black sable long coat (long haired) German Shepherd IPO 3 male named Hammer von Taylorhof in the video! I LOVED him! STUNNING DOG!
I personally am a HUGE fan of working line German Shepherds, and have a very special fondness for the Czech working line German Shepherds. To me…they are the complete package. They have great temperaments, health, nerves, courage, beauty, great conformation, and an extreme willingness to please. I just love them.
Below are my notes that I made about Working German Shepherds while listening to the video.
- Working line German Shepherds have better temperaments, better characters, better drives, better nerves.
- The best German Shepherds come from Germany and Europe.
- Working German Shepherds are functional instead of just being a pet. They can do tasks.
- Working German Shepherd dogs have the temperaments to work for you.
- Working German Shepherds make good police, military, home protection, guide dogs, service dogs, and working sport dogs.
- Working German Shepherds have good quality breed traits.
- Working German Shepherds are best worked to keep them in good shape mentally and physically.
- Working German Shepherds are dogs raised and bred to have strong drives, strong character, strong nerves, and they have a lot of desire to perform work.
- Schutzhund and IPO originally started as a breed temperament test for the German Shepherd dog and that is the basis to confirm the true characteristics of the breed, and to continue selecting the best of the breed.
- German Sieger (SV) shows are closer and more true to the German Shepherd breed standard than AKC shows.
- AKC has veered quite differently from the original German Shepherd breed intentions in conformation and temperment.
- Working German Shepherd topline backs are often more straight than the extreme sloped backs of the showiness.
- American AKC German Sheπherd dogs walk around on their hocks instead of their paws, which is not the intention for the breed.
- Many different types of German Shepherd conformations and temperaments exist in the world.
- Working German Shepherd health, temperament, conformation and good nerves are very important traits.